Derry Preventative Dentistry
Preventative dentistry is a proactive approach to reduce your risk for dental diseases such as cavities and gum disease. At Haas Dental Associates, we want our patients throughout Derry to enjoy a healthy smile for life. Healthy dental habits paired with routine preventative visits are the best way to avoid restorative dental appointments.
How Often Should You Visit The Dentist?
It is recommended that you visit the dentist for a professional cleaning and examination at least twice a year. Preventative dentistry is an essential part of maintaining good oral hygiene. The skilled professionals at Haas Dental Associates are here to ensure that your smile is healthy and bright.
Customized Preventive Dental Care in Derry
Through preventative dentistry, we can detect tooth, gum, and mouth issues before they turn into larger—and more painful—complications. Everyone can benefit from preventive treatment as it promotes better oral hygiene while also preventing gum disease, tooth decay, and tooth loss.
The term preventative dentistry encompasses a variety of dental solutions, including:
- Cleanings: These appointments allow our dentists to remove dental plaque and stains while also checking for any abnormalities.
- Oral cancer screening: Our dentists include a complimentary oral cancer screening with every dental exam, as early detection and treatment of oral and throat cancers is the best way to reduce mortality rates and treatment-related health issues.
- Periodontitis screening and treatment: Periodontitis, or gum disease, is the number-one reason adults will lose their teeth and is not reversible. However, with early detection and regular maintenance, you can still have a healthy smile.
- Protective mouthguards: Our patients lead healthy, active lives, which we want to encourage while protecting your smile. That is why we can design a personalized mouthguard to protect your teeth from injury or trauma associated with sports.
- X-rays: Our team uses X-rays to spot signs of dental issues that aren’t visible to the naked eye. We pair these diagnostic solutions with high-quality treatment, so you can trust us to be your partner in complete dental health.
At Haas Dental Associates, we believe that preventative dentistry is the best way to ensure a healthy and lasting smile. We will keep you informed throughout every step of your dental journey, so whether you are looking for expert pediatric dentistry for your child or you are searching for an experienced dentist for yourself, our team is confident that we can help.
“everyone is very sweet and makes my daughter feel as comfortable as possible!”- Brandi Pyles
“Always the best experience.”- Genevieve Lansil
“Wow! What an incredibly positive and professional dental practice!”- Ken A.
SUMMER HOURS - July 1st to August 31st
Board Certified Pediatric Sedation Experts
Family-Like Environment Where All Ages are Welcome
Highly Trained Team Working Together for Up To 40 Years
Ability to Treat All Children Including Those with Disabilities & Special Needs
Available for Emergency Dental & Orthodontic Situations
Comfort Companion Dog on Site