Dental Emergencies in Derry
Available 24/7 for Your Derry Dental Emergencies
At Haas Dental Associates, we know all too well how important it is to have a dentist you can trust on call when you need them most, which is why we maintain a 24-hour dental emergency service. During normal business hours, you can count on an experienced and friendly receptionist to answer your questions, and after hours, our answering machine will provide you with the right number to call to receive service.
For dental emergency service, call our team without delay at (603) 945-5410.
5 Common Dental Emergencies
It can be challenging to determine whether you or a loved one needs emergency dental care. Luckily, our team has decades of experience helping people feel confident with their smiles, and we know the types of trauma that require immediate service.
- Toothaches: Major toothaches or pain could indicate any number of dental issues, including a cracked tooth or abscess. Call our emergency dentists in Derry to gain more insight and schedule an appointment, and in the meantime, we recommend using ibuprofen or acetaminophen and a cold compress for temporary pain relief.
- Lacerated tongue, lip, or cheek: Bleeding and/or bruising in the mouth can be a scary experience. Check to see if any damage has been done to the jaw or teeth right away, and if there is any, contact our dentists immediately. If there is no tooth damage and minimal bleeding, use a clean cloth to apply gentle but firm pressure to the area—and if this doesn’t control the bleeding, visit your doctor or visit an emergency room. You can also apply ice to the area to minimize swelling.
- Fractured tooth/teeth: Chipped or fractured teeth should be treated within 24 hours of the incident, so it is important to call our team right away. Treatment can include rebonding the chip or applying a temporary resin over the damaged edge.
- Knocked out tooth: For dislodged teeth, speed is the name of the game. Contact our professionals immediately, gently clean the tooth under cold water, and place it back in the socket and hold it in place. Make sure you are only handling the tooth by the crown. If you are unable to put the tooth back in the socket, carefully place it in a container of milk. The faster this process is performed, the higher likelihood for success. Baby teeth do not need to be re-planted like adult teeth, but scheduling an appointment with your emergency dentist in Derry for an evaluation is a great way to ensure there aren’t any complications.
- Infection: Bacterial infections won’t go away on their own and could lead to serious swelling or pain when left untreated. It is important to call our dentists as soon as possible and take either ibuprofen or acetaminophen to offer temporary pain relief.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, call Haas Dental Associates at (603) 945-5410 as soon as possible.
“everyone is very sweet and makes my daughter feel as comfortable as possible!”- Brandi Pyles
“Always the best experience.”- Genevieve Lansil
“Wow! What an incredibly positive and professional dental practice!”- Ken A.
SUMMER HOURS - July 1st to August 31st
Board Certified Pediatric Sedation Experts
Family-Like Environment Where All Ages are Welcome
Highly Trained Team Working Together for Up To 40 Years
Ability to Treat All Children Including Those with Disabilities & Special Needs
Available for Emergency Dental & Orthodontic Situations
Comfort Companion Dog on Site